13-episode anime based on the Sega series.
Sal RomanoSep 4, 2020 at 8:40 PM EDT2
Crunchyroll, in partnership with Adult Swim, has announced Shenmue the Animation, a 13-episode animated series based on the Sega game series curently in production at Telecom Animation Film (Tower of God, Lupin the Third: Part 5).
Shenmue the Animation is directed by Chikara Sakurai (Magimoji Rurumo, One-Punch Man Season 2), and Shenmue creator and game designer Yu Suzuki will serve as executive producer on the project. Further details will be announced at a later date.
Shenmue III, the latest entry in the series, is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC via the Epic Games Store. The first two games are available via the Shenmue I & II collection for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. Shenmue originally launched for Dreamcast in December 1999. Shenmue II launched for Dreamcast in September 2001, followed by Xbox in October 2002.
Use the coupon code “GEMATSU” for 5% off.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.